Microsoft launched a special edition of operating system on millennium; they called it Windows ME. This version of Windows stands in between Windows 2000 and Windows XP. Unlike Windows 2000 and XP, Windows ME doesn’t come with a Windows Firewall in it. This lead to the emergence of third party companies who developed various type of Firewall that suits Windows ME. Unfortunately none of them proved good. If you are in need of a hand to remove the existing firewall and to install new Firewall on to your system, then go for these instructions crafted by Microsoft tech support centers. Go through these steps and get away from your current Firewall.
Guidelines to run away from your current Firewall…
• Go to the “Start” button lying on the bottom left corner of the taskbar in your Windows ME desktop and click on it to open.
• When you click on the “Start” button a menu will roll up with the tabs of many programs, among them look for a tab named as “Control Panel”. Clicking on it with your mouse will lead to the control panel Window which has the settings tab of all the programs in your Windows ME enabled computer.
• Search for a name like “Add or Remove Programs” in the entire Control Panel Window, normally this tab can be found on top of all the available options. Clicking on the “Add or Remove Program” twice will open a new window with the details of all the programs installed on your Windows ME enabled machine.
• Now hunt for a tab named like “Firewall” or “Firewalls” in add or remove Window. Clicking on it once will open up that tab. As these firewalls are provided by third party companies all these firewalls will be coming with a brand name; for example McAfee firewall, Norton etc. locate such a one and open it.
• The new page that crops up will be showing two tabs named as “Remove” or “Uninstall”. Click on it to initiate the removal of the firewall from your computer. Later follow it by clicking on the” Ok” button when prompted by the installation Wizard. Now keep on hitting in the “Next” button until the un-installation process completes.
These steps should be sufficient to remove the existing firewall on your system. But if you find it difficult go for help from Microsoft tech support team.